SGSAH and the British Council have partnered to offer ten scholarships for researchers from low or middle-income countries to study at a SGSAH institution; the British Council is offering the SGSAH EARTH Scholarships for research in environmental humanities at the University of Edinburgh. These scholarships are available for UK, EU and international students.
The aim of the scholarship is to support students who are undertaking research in environmental humanities at the University of Edinburgh.
The scholarships will cover the full cost of tuition fees and a stipend of £14,000 per year.
Eligibility for the SGSAH EARTH Scholarships
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a UK, EU or international student enrolled on a full-time PhD programme at the University of Edinburgh.
- Have an offer of admission to study at the University of Edinburgh.
- Have research interests in environmental humanities.
- Meet the English Language Requirements for your programme of study.
About the British Council Scotland SGSAH EARTH Scholarships 2022
The British Council in Scotland is pleased to offer ten SGSAH EARTH scholarships for postgraduate study at a Scottish university. The scholarships are worth £10,000 each and will be awarded to students from Singapore, Malaysia or Brunei who are commencing postgraduate study in September 2019.
What is the British Council?
The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities; we work in over 100 countries to build relationships between people in the UK and other countries and to increase opportunities for UK citizens to access high-quality education, training and research around the world.
In Scotland, we work with a range of partners to promote UK higher education and support Scottish students who wish to study in England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
We also manage a scholarship scheme for postgraduate students from Sub-Saharan Africa who want to study at a Scottish university as part of the Scottish Graduate School of Arts & Humanities (SGSAH) Earth sciences programme.
What is the Scottish Graduate School of Arts & Humanities?
The Scottish Graduate School of Arts & Humanities (SGSAH) is a partnership between eight Scottish universities, funded by the Scottish Funding Council.
It offers postgraduate research training and support for arts and humanities students across Scotland.
The SGSAH also administers a number of funding programmes, including the EARTH Scholarships.
The EARTH Scholarships are open to students from any country who intend in undertaking postgraduate research in the arts or humanities at a Scottish university.
successful applicants will receive a full tuition fee waiver and a stipend of £14,777 per year for three years.
What is the SGSAH EARTH Scholarships?
The SGSAH EARTH Scholarships are a scholarship programme run by the British Council Scotland and the Scottish Graduate School of Arts and Humanities (SGSAH). The scholarships are open to postgraduate students from any country who are planning to study at a Scottish university.
The aim of the scholarships is to support students who are keen in the study of the environment and sustainable development. The scholarships are worth £5,000 each and will cover tuition fees and living costs.
Applications for the EARTH Scholarships are now open. If you would like to apply, please visit the British Council Scotland website for more information.
Eligible Applicants for the SGSAH EARTH Scholarships?
The EARTH Scholarships are open to all full-time postgraduate research students registered at a Scottish university who are from a developing country. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and the potential to contribute to the development of the student’s home country.
Documents Required for Application
Applicant must submit:
- A full research proposal; and details of how you will benefit from Cluster membership, cohort-building, training and development activities
- A budget and justification of resources
- A CV (up to 4pp)
- A letter of support from your PhD supervisor (up to 2pp)
- A letter of support from the proposed Host Institution (Head of Department or equivalent) (up to 2pp)
How to apply for the SGSAH EARTH Scholarships?
Please follow the steps below:
- Read through the eligibility criteria on the British Council Scotland SGSAH website to ensure that you meet the requirements.
- Download and complete the application form.
- Submit your completed application form, along with any required supporting documentation, toEARTH@britishcouncil.org.uk by the deadline of Monday 14 October 2019.
- Successful applicants will be notified by the end of November 2019.
- If you have any questions about the application process, please contactEARTH@britishcouncil.org.uk
The British Council Scotland SGSAH EARTH Scholarships offers great opportunity for students who are passionate about environmental issues to make impactful research and make a difference.
November 7, 2022