DAAD 2023 Scholarship
Applications are open for intending students who wish to further their careers and academic pursuits at the DAAD 2023 Scholarship program.
DAAD is a German abbreviated word “Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst” translated in English as German Academic Exchange Service. DAAD is the world’s largest funding organisation for the international exchange of students and researchers.
Since its establishment in 1925, close to 2.8 million scholars in Germany and abroad have received DAAD funding. It is a registered association and its members are German institutions of higher education and student bodies. Its activities go far beyond simply awarding grants and scholarships. The DAAD supports the interconnectivity of German universities, promotes German studies and the German language abroad, assists developing countries in establishing effective universities and advises decision makers on matters of cultural, educational and developmental policies.
On this post, you will be getting the right information on its coming scholarship programme for the next academic year, procedures and the needed requirements for the application.
Targeted Students for the Scholarship
For International Students
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
DAAD Scholarship 2023 Overview
Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters
Study in: Germany
- Courses Offered:
Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- Program Period: Between 12 and 36 months depending on the length of the chosen study program.
- DAAD Scholarship Deadline: Depending on chosen study program; please check deadlines here.
DAAD Scholarship Payment Coverage
DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD Germany provide the recipient with following benefits:
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- One-off study allowance.
- Monthly rent subsidy.
- Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. € 500.- per semester).
Eligibility Requirements for DAAD Scholarship 2023
To be eligible for DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD Germany, applicants must meet the following requirements;
Required Languages: English or German.
- For international programs, the language of instruction is English. You are usually required to submit an English language certificate e.g. TOEFL or IELTS.
- For other programs, the language of instruction is German. They usually ask to submit a German language certificate e.g. DSH or Test DaF.
- Eligible Countries: Click here for list of eligible developing countries.
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) or Masters degree in an appropriate subject.
- Students have at least two years’ professional experience.
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and expect to take on social responsibility and initiate and
- support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship 2023
To apply for DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD in Germany the following procedures have to be strictly adhere to;
How can you Apply for more than one course under DAAD scholarship?
You can apply for up to three courses. If applying to more than one course, please list courses in order of priority in the DAAD application forms (see 7. Choice of host university/institution in Germany) and do not change the priorities in the according application form!
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample euro pass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with current date
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate program(s), two pages maximum) with current date.
- When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses. And why you chose that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
Also: King Abdulaziz Scholarship 2022
Proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – Required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China have to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
See: Scholarship Tips and Ideas for international Students 2022
Step by Step Application and Selection Procedure for DAAD Scholarship:
- Chose suitable courses of your interest. (You can apply for maximum three courses)
- Apply to universities offering that courses.
- You send your complete application(s) (with above documents) directly to the universities.
- A selection committee suggests potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
- DAAD will contact with The suggested candidates to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal. (The link to the
- DAAD Portal will be provided by DAAD through email)
- The authority will finalize the selection process. DAAD will inform the suggested candidates accordingly.