The Emile Boutmy scholarship is a financial aid programme offered by Sciences Po to international students who are non-EU citizens and excel academically. It is awarded on the basis of both academic merit and financial need. Applications are now open for new entries.
About Sciences Po 2023 Emile Boutmy Scholarship
Emile Boutmy scholarship is a financial aid programme offered by Sciences Po to international students who are non-EU citizens and excel academically. It is awarded on the basis of both academic merit and financial need.
Sciences Po created the Emile Boutmy scholarship, named after the founder of Sciences Po (1871), in order to welcome the very best international students from outside the European Union. The Emile Boutmy Scholarship is awarded to top students whose profiles match the admissions requirements of Sciences Po and individual course enlistment.
The Emile Boutmy Scholarship was created in order to provide financial support for international students who want to study at Sciences Po but do not have sufficient resources available. The scholarship covers tuition fees, books and living expenses during your studies at Sciences Po Paris (IEN).
How to get Scholarship in Western Sydney University for International Postgraduate
How to the get Mozilla Foundation In real Life (IRL) Fund for Africans
Qatar University Undergraduate Scholarship for International Students
Sciences Po 2023 Emile Boutmy Scholarship Variations
Sciences Po offers a range of scholarships to international students from outside the European Union who wish to pursue bachelor’s degree at one of its ten French campuses.
Since its inception, this scholarship has been awarded to over 500 students from all over the world, including Canada, United States of America, South Africa and Australia. The maximum amount for each recipient varies depending on their country of origin but it generally ranges between €3,000 and €6,000 per year (or equivalently $4k-$8k USD).
The following scholarships are available as well as its grants:
- Emile Boutmy Scholarship (Boutmy Foundation) – 4 years, €8.000 per year, €2.000 final year; competition open solely to candidates living in Africa or Asia
- Emile Boutmy Junior Scholarship (Boutmy Foundation) – 2-5 years depending on academic results; competition open to all students studying for a bachelor’s degree at Sciences Po.
- A tuition grant of €13,190 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €8,800 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €6,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €3,600 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
It should be noted that the Emile Boutmy scholarship amount is variable depending on the student’s country of origin, the campus chosen and the family’s financial situation (partial to full). The Émile Boutmy scholarship covers all or part of tuition fees, as well as accommodation expenses and health insurance.
The scholarship is awarded by the Ministry of Higher Education in France with a maximum value of between €3,000 and €5,000 per year depending on your nationality, your gender and whether you are coming from a rural or urban area.
Eligibility for the Sciences Po 2023 Emile Boutmy Scholarship
You can win a scholarship for undergraduate study in France.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be:
- A citizen of one of these countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Canada Chile China Colombia Costa Rica Croatia Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Dominican Republic Ecuador El Salvador Finland France Germany Greece Guatemala Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Israel Italy Japan Jordan Korea Kuwait Latvia Lebanon Lithuania Luxembourg Macau Malaysia Mexico Montenegro Morocco Myanmar Netherlands New Zealand Nicaragua Norway Peru Poland Portugal Qatar Romania Russian Federation Saudi Arabia Serbia Singapore Slovakia Slovenia South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland Thailand Turkey Ukraine United Arab Emirates Uruguay Venezuela
How to Apply
- Deadline for undergraduate programme (applicants from foreign secondary schools): 22 February 2023.
- Deadline for undergraduate programme (applicants from French secondary schools): 10 April 2023.
- Deadline for master programme: 30 November 2022.
No application request will be accepted if received after the deadline.
Click below the following links to access more information about the scholarship both for Undergraduates and Postgraduates.
If you find this interesting, and also pick interest in applying for the Emile Boutmy scholarship and would also like more information about how it works, please make no more hesitation as the application have a timeline.