Seedstars, a Swiss-based organization that focuses on promoting entrepreneurship in emerging markets, has announced the launch of its 2023 Enhancing Women Entrepreneurship for Africa program. This initiative is aimed at supporting and empowering women entrepreneurs in Africa, with a focus on providing them with the tools and resources they need to succeed in the business world.
The program will offer a range of support services to women entrepreneurs in Africa, including training, mentoring, and networking opportunities. It will also provide access to seed funding and other forms of financing to help women-led businesses grow and thrive.
The program will be open to women entrepreneurs from across Africa who are looking to start or grow their businesses. Applicants will be selected based on a variety of criteria, including their business idea, their potential for growth, and their commitment to making a positive impact in their communities.
Seedstars was founded in 2012 by Pierre-Alain, Michael and Adrien, three entrepreneurs from Switzerland who pool together their passion for entrepreneurship and building companies from scratch.
The Seedstars 2023 Enhancing Women Entrepreneurship for Africa program is a key part of Seedstars’ broader efforts to support entrepreneurship and innovation in Africa. The organization has been active in the region for several years, and has supported the growth of numerous successful businesses through its various programs and initiatives.
Check out these Openings:
Requirements for Seedstars Enhancing Women Entrepreneurship for Africa Program Qualification
Seedstars plans to work closely with local organizations and partners in Africa to ensure that the program is accessible to women entrepreneurs from all backgrounds and regions.
The organization will also collaborate with other organizations that are set to promoting women’s entrepreneurship in Africa, such as the African Development Bank and the African Women’s Development Fund.
- Interested candidate must be of an African descent and resident in these countries: Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Kenya, Malawi, Morocco, Mozambique, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Rwanda, Zambia, Ivory Coast, Ethiopia, Angola, Mali, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Botswana, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Gambia, Namibia, Cape Verde, Mauritius and Nigeria.
- Enhancing the viability and sustainability of WSMEs,
- Providing innovative approaches to ecosystem support designed to close the financing gap for WSMEs,
- Introducing innovative ways to provide capacity building for WSMEs,
- Providing digital presence and visibility to WSMEs, and Enhancing access to mentorship for WSMEs.
- Be between Seed and Growth Stage
- Based in one of the above countries
- Have at least one woman on the founding team
- Have a digital element in their product (example: Mobile application, Online Shop, SAAS product, etc.)
Interview date, Process and Venue for Seedstars Enhancing Women Entrepreneurship for Africa Program
Open Call: 1st of December – 31st of December 2022
Sourcing: December 2022
Screening: January 2023
Program Activities: February – May 2023
Investor Forum: June 2023
How to Apply
Go to Seedstars and click apply to begin application for Enablers or WSME.
Seedstars believes that empowering women entrepreneurs in Africa is essential for driving economic growth and development in the region. The organization is ready to providing women with the tools and resources they need to succeed in the business world, and is confident that the 2023 Enhancing Women Entrepreneurship for Africa program will help to unleash the full potential of women’s entrepreneurship in Africa.
The Application is open through 31st of December 2022.