The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships is now open for applications from suitable students. It is a full scholarship award to all students by the University of Otago.
The University of Otago is a public university based in Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand. It scores highly for average research quality, and in 2006 was second in New Zealand in the number of A-rated academic researchers it employs.
The scholarship provides funding to support doctoral students studying at the University Of Otago and it is available to both domestic and international students. Candidates for professional doctorates, as well as PhD, are welcome to apply.
On the Senate’s suggestion the University council of the University of Otago grants doctoral scholarship to candidates enrolling in a program of supervised PhD study there.
This scholarship is to individuals pursuing their first doctoral degree. Only one fully funded University of Otago PhD scholarship is available to candidates.
Benefits of the University of Otago Scholarship
- The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships will provide NZ$ 28,600 stipend per annum, plus a domestic tuition fees waiver for 36 months(excludes students service fee and insurance).
- Professional Doctorates(DClinDent, DMA, DBA, EDd) – NZ$28,600 stipend plus a tuition fee waiver for up to 36 months capped at the domestic rate (not including students service fee and insurance).
Eligibility for the Scholarship
To qualify for the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships, candidates are to fulfil all of the following requirements.
- Required Language: English
- Eligible countries: All world countries
- Candidates must have completed a Master’s Degree by papers and thesis. Moreover, the grades of all relevant advanced level papers contributing towards the degree and thesis are relevant.
- However, applicants whose prior qualifications have been awarded by other universities, the University shall calculate a GPA score, using what it considers to be the most relevant papers and grades provided on the applicant’s academic transcripts.
- Domestic as well as international candidates, may apply for the Doctoral Scholarships at Otago University. However, international students will receive the scholarship at the local rate.
Requirements for The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship Participation
To be considered for the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship, applicants must;
- Be a local or international student seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification.
- Demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Have obtained relevant Bachelor and Master’s degree from a known institution of higher learning.
How to Apply University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships
Applicants for the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships are to apply online through the eVision portal at http://www.otago.ac.nz/evision and can be made at any time of the year.
Once you have put in for admission to your choice programme, you will receive an alert in your student portal to apply for a scholarship.
Application Closing date: No date yet