The USADF Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge 2022, is mainly to invest in Micro, Small, and Medium-Size enterprises (MSMEs) that:
- Seek to address Africa’s youth-surge by prioritizing job creation to enhance youth productivity and livelihoods.
- Economically empower youth and women to apply business solutions to social problems and create employment across Africa.
- Addresses lingering needs of underserved and at-risk communities and/or market demand.
Create network of market opportunities and supply chain linkages for youth and women-owned MSMEs.
This program is an initiative of USADF’s Youth and Women Entrepreneurship Portfolio initiated to address Africa’s youth surge, economically empower youth and women, and impact job creation across Africa.
The U.S. African Development Foundation (USADF), is an independent U.S. Government agency established by Congress to invest in African grassroots organizations, entrepreneurs and small and medium-sized enterprises. USADF’s investments promote local economic development, by increasing incomes, revenues and jobs and creating pathways to prosperity for marginalized populations and underserved communities.
Over the last five years throughout Africa, with an emphasis on the Horn, Sahel, and Great Lakes regions, USADF has invested more than $117 million dollars directly into over 1,000 African-owned and African-led SMEs, entrepreneurs, and community organizations and impacted over 7 million live.
Target/Coverage of the Program
- Type: Entrepreneurs
- Organisation: United States African Development Fund (USADF)
- Country to study: –
- School to study: –
- Course to study: –
- State of Origin:
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2022.
Aim and Benefits of USADF Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge
Winning applicants will receive:
Grant capital of US$50,000 to US$250,000 from USADF.
Access to intensive local technical assistance and governance support.
Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program 2022-2023
10 Important Documents for International Scholarship Application 2023
6 Popular Business Grants for Startups 2022-2023
Requirements for USADF Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge Qualification
- Applicants must be 100% African-owned and managed by private companies;
- Be registered and operating in Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Liberia,
- Malawi, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
- Express clearly how they will benefit underserved populations across Africa including showing positive impacts for youth and women.
- Express clearly how they will achieve sustainable growth.
- Document adequate expertise in the field they are proposing or document how they will acquire the necessary expertise.
- Clearly document how they will use USADF grant capital to carry out their concept.
How to Apply
Applicants are strictly advised to submit their applications, ahead of the closing window on the application portal. Applications begins from September 6, 2022, to September 30, 2022. Proposals received after the closing date will not be considered.
Click Here To Download The Application Form.
For more details, visit USADF website