CWL Accelerator Program for African Entrepreneurs 2024. An 18-month programme providing training, mentorship and support to 6 social enterprises working to empower women in low-income countries economically.
Organisations that increase business skills, provide education, access to digital markets and payment tools, as well as those that provide essential mental health or healthcare support among working women and micro-entrepreneurs, are invited to apply.
Read also: OpenAI Superalignment Fast Grants 2024.
Benefits of the CWL Accelerator Program
- Support in prototyping and launching your use case: A comprehensive three-month onboarding and training process that equips the organization with a fully operational minimum viable chat (MVP) ready to go live.
- Extensive Training & Support: Ongoing monthly enterprise support tailored to help organizations achieve their strategic chat service objectives for 18 months.
- Mentorship from leading experts and practitioners: Expert advice from Solutions Engineers, Conversational Designers, and a team of Turn.io AI/Data Engineers.
- Access to world-class Technology: A Turn.io Enterprise license, which includes all platform features, as well as a subsidized WhatsApp Business Account for 18 months.
- Increase in knowledge using chat-based technologies: A collaborative learning environment with quarterly cohort sessions fostering a strong community of practice among the six participating enterprises.
Requirements for the CWL Accelerator Program
- Open to social enterprises who want to accelerate their chat service growth and impact with guidance, mentorship, and hands-on implementation support.
- They are looking for Social Enterprises working in Kenya, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Uganda, Senegal, Nigeria and other low-income regions that have a clear business case or Theory of Change on how they could use a chat solution on WhatsApp to improve the economic agency of women.
- The organizations must be able to commit to the building and continued development of their chat service and have the time, resources or team to accomplish this goal.
Apply also: UNWTO Youth in Tourism Innovation Challenge 2024.
- The selection process emphasises a strong business case/ theory of change for using chat to benefit low-income women entrepreneurs or women in the workforce.
- They are particularly interested in those working to reduce gender disparities.
- Ideal applicants are social enterprises dedicated to developing and expanding a WhatsApp-based chat service, with the resources to build, manage and sustain the chat service after the Accelerator program.
- Applicants should have a clear measurement and evaluation plan on how their new chat-based system can deliver baseline (before accelerator) and end-line data (after accelerator) on women’s economic empowerment through indicators such as increased turnover, higher income, better market access, upskilling and/or financial services integration.
January 31, 2024
How to Apply for CWL Accelerator Program 2024.
Interested and qualified? Go to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) at www.turn.io to apply.
For more details, visit the CWL website