LSHTM Fund Scholarship 2024/2025. Applications are now open to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
These scholarships have been made possible by donors to the LSHTM Fund. Supported by hundreds of alumni and friends, the LSHTM Fund provides scholarships for the next generation of global health leaders. This year’s two scholarships are intended to support excellent candidates who would be unable to take up a place of study without this financial support.
Read also: Stephen Akintayo Foundation Business Grants 2024.
The LSHTM Fund Scholarship 2024 Award details
Two LSHTM Fund Scholarships are available for 2024-25. The scholarship award comprises
- 2024-25 tuition fees (at the overseas fee rate), including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 19,500.00.
Eligibility Criteria for the LSHTM Fund Scholarship Application.
This scholarship is open to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) in 2024-2025.
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- be nationals of, and resident in, low to middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank);
- intend to return to a low to middle-income country on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM;
- confirm in writing that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study;
- meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements (as required by LSHTM’s Admissions system);
- a first or upper-second-class honours undergraduate degree from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard;
- hold an offer of admission for 2024-25 for one of LSHTM’s London-based (intensive) MSc programmes of study.
The selection panel awarding this highly competitive scholarship will consider applicants’ experience, qualifications and potential, looking for those with the greatest potential to accelerate in their career and make significant contributions to public and global health, and/or health-related research in a low- to middle-income country (following a year’s study at LSHTM).
How to apply for LSHTM Fund Scholarship 2024/2025 for International Students.
The application process has two steps. To be considered for the funding, applicants must meet all eligibility criteria and complete both steps outlined below by the scholarship deadline of 23:59 (GMT) on Monday 04 March 2024.
- Submit an application for 2024-25 for a London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page.
- In your application to study you should select the scholarships you are applying for in the ‘FUNDING DETAILS’ part of the application form. If you do not select the LSHTM Fund Scholarship on your application, you will not be considered for this funding.
- Attach a Scholarships Application Form to your application to study completed in Step 1. A completed Scholarships Application Form must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only scholarship attachment required (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc as part of their application for study).
- These scholarships are open to applicants for any of the non-distance learning intensive Masters programmes offered by LSHTM (excluding our joint programmes: MSc Global Mental Health; MSc Health Policy, Planning & Financing; MSc One Health; MSc Veterinary Epidemiology).
- Applicants are advised to complete Step 1 early to allow time for their GBP 50.00 LSHTM admissions application fee payment to be processed. Until the payment is processed applicants will be unable to apply to study.
- We recommend that applicants for this funding complete and submit their application for study at least 2-3 days before the scholarship deadline to ensure that there are no Admissions or payment processing delays which could impact meeting the scholarship deadline.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered for this funding. Incomplete applications include those with missing documents at either Step 1 or 2 above.
- Both the application to study and the scholarship application must be completed by the scholarship deadline as stated on the scholarship advert. Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary documents are submitted via LSHTM’s Admissions Portal by the scholarship deadline.
- Applicants whose application for study is successful will be asked to pay a deposit within 28 days of the offer of admission being sent. Applicants applying for scholarships at LSHTM must email the Admissions Team to advise that they are awaiting the scholarship outcome (applicants must provide the Admissions Team with both the name of the scholarship and the expected decision date in this email. This must be repeated for every application for which the applicant has applied. The Admissions team will then extend the deposit deadline to match the decision deadline of the scholarship funding.
- Applicants who encounter any technical difficulties whilst using the Admissions application portal should contact LSHTM’s IT Services team, providing the full name of the applicant; the scholarship that is being applied for; and the technical issue that has been encountered. Please also attach a screenshot where possible: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any queries about the application process, scholarship requirements or application deadline, please contact the LSHTM Scholarships team: email@example.com
- By applying for this funding applicants agree to its Terms & Conditions.
- Please note that all applications will only be reviewed and processed after the deadline. All applications that are submitted before the deadline will be considered equally, regardless of the submission date.
- Decisions will be reached, and the successful applicants notified, by 24 May 2024.