US Government Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program 2024. The United States of America’s government is calling on high school students and adult mentors to apply for its three-week exchange program.
The Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program (PAYLP) is a three-week exchange from dates if known in the United States for high school students and adult mentors. The primary program themes are civic education, community service, entrepreneurship, and youth leadership development.
Participants live with host families for the majority of the exchange and engage in leadership and civic education workshops, community service activities, visits to local schools and community organizations, project planning and development, and local cultural activities with American peers. Participants return home with action plans to bring their exchange experience to their home communities in the form of a wide range of community service projects.
Benefits of the US Government Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program.
- Interactive leadership training
- Conflict resolution seminars
- Social entrepreneurship classes
- Community service opportunities
- Two weeks of homestay with American host families
- An Overview of U.S. History and Institutions
- Exciting cultural activities
- A lifelong PAYLP alumni network
To successfully apply for the US Government Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program 2024, you must have the following;
- Be a citizen or legal resident living in South Africa (applicants with dual U.S. citizenship will not be considered)
- Be between 15 and 18 years old by [April 6, 2024] and be able to attend at least one additional semester of high school in their home community.
- Have proficiency in English (Anglophone program) / French (Francophone program);
- Demonstrate good academic performance, an interest in community service and volunteer activities, leadership potential, good communication, and a positive attitude.
- Work cooperatively in a team setting and appreciate the opinions of others.
- Have permission from parent(s) or legal guardian(s) to participate in the program.
How to Apply for US Government Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program.
Interested and qualified? Go to the United States Department of State (DOS) on drive.google.com to apply
- Applications should be submitted to: [YoungAfricanLeadersSA@state.gov]
- Questions should be addressed to: [YoungAfricanLeadersSA@state.gov]
Application Deadline: January 5, 2024