The Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program for young African Leaders is funded by the United States Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs ( ECA ) and implemented by Meridian International Centre, the Pan Africa Youth Leadership program engages participants from over 38 African countries in the United States based cultural exchange and civic engagement training program. The program is aimed at enhancing effectiveness and create new-age leaders.
2022 Meridian Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program tends to bring together the top Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program alumni from across all cohorts (2013-2022) and countries, the Pan Africa Youth Leadership program is offering a one-time All-Stars Alumni program.
This program is to provide talented, hard working, and highly motivated African PALYP Alumni an opportunity to spend three weeks in the United States for an intensive leadership training and development program between February and March of 2023.
This program consists of a short orientation conference in Atlanta, Georgia where participants will be welcomed and receive a program overview, followed by a two-week community leadership program held in one of the three U.S. cities. During this portion of the program participants will receive leadership training, networking and volunteer opportunities, and cultural experiences.
The program will culminate with a closing forum in Washington, DC where participants will present Community Action Plans. Upon completion of this program, participants will have the opportunity to apply for funding to implement their Community Action Plan.
This year’s PALYP All-Stars will focus on the following skills:
- Leadership Development
- Communications and Negotiations Skills
- Peace building and Conflicts Resolution
- Community Activism
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements.
- Be an adult mentor or youth participant alumni from any in-person or virtual PALYP cohort 2013-2022.
- Comes from one of the eligible countries including Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia.
- Be at least 18 years old or older by the start of the program, on February 18, 2023.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities in his/her university or community;
- Demonstrate a commitment to community service and extra curricular activities;
- Be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive.
- Be willing and able to fully participate;
- Based in home country or show intent to return to support home community;
- Be in possession of a valid national passport of his or her country of origin or able to obtain one before January 1, 2023;
- Not be employed by the U.S. embassy.
Duration and Reward:
An opportunity to spend three weeks in the United States for an intensive leadership training and development of program between February and March of 2023.
Participants will receive leadership training, networking and volunteer opportunities, and cultural experiences.
How to Apply Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program 2022
Application opens: September 1, 2022 at 10:00AM ET
Application closes: October 1, 2022 at 5:00PM ET
Click on link to apply now http://
Interview date, Process and Venue for Meridian Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program
WHAT : 3-week Advanced Leadership exchange in the United States.
WHEN : February – March 2023
WHO : PALYP Alumni
The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships
6 Popular Business Grants for Startups 2022-2023
Global Leaders Scholarships In USA For Foreign Students
Host Country: United States of America
Category: Training and Fellowships
Eligible Countries: All African Countries
Reward: Full sponsorship to USA
Deadline: October 1, 2022