AAAS Mass Media Science and Engineering Fellowship 2024. This highly competitive program strengthens the connections between scientists and journalists by placing advanced undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate level scientists, engineers, and mathematicians at media organizations nationwide.
Fellows work as journalists at media organizations such as National Public Radio, Los Angeles Times, WIRED, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, and NOVA.
Read also: Nigerian Navy DSSC 29 Recruitment.
AAAS Mass Media Science and Engineering Fellowship.
The Mass Media Fellows use their academic training in the sciences as they research, write and report today’s headlines, sharpening their abilities to communicate complex scientific issues to non-specialists.
Participants come in knowing the importance of translating their work for the public, but they leave with the tools and the know-how to accomplish this important goal.
Read also: Women in News Leadership Accelerator 2024
Fellows are provided a stipend of $8,000 for the summer as well as travel expenses to and from AAAS and their sites.
AAAS does not provide health care or employee benefits. AAAS does not provide housing or an additional housing stipend.
- Applicants must
- a) be enrolled as students (upper-level undergraduate or graduate),
- b) be a postdoctoral trainee, or
- c) apply within one year of the completion of a) or b).
- Applicants must be in the life, physical, health, engineering, computer, or social sciences or mathematics and related fields.
- Students enrolled in English, journalism, science journalism, or other non-technical fields are not eligible for the AAAS Mass Media Fellowship BUT these students may be eligible for the Diverse Voices in Science Journalism Internship.
- Applicants must be US citizens or already hold visas that allow them to receive payment for work during the summer. AAAS cannot assist in obtaining/retaining visas.
- Successful applicants are required to attend an orientation at AAAS headquarters at the beginning of the summer (early June) and a wrap-up session at the end of the summer (mid-August). They will prepare reports on the progress of their fellowships throughout their placement.
How to Apply for AAAS Mass Media Science and Engineering Fellowship.
To successfully apply for the AAAS Mass Media Science and Engineering Fellowship, click the “apply now” button below.
Also apply: Paid Internships Abroad Summer 2024 for Students.
For more information, visit AAAS Fellowship.