AWJP 6-Month Fellowship for Women Journalists in Senegal 2024. Are you a passionate and dedicated woman journalist in Senegal seeking to elevate your skills, expand your network, and embark on impactful storytelling projects? Look no further!
The Africa Women Journalist Project is thrilled to announce a 6-Month Fellowship Program designed exclusively for women journalists.
Introduction: AWJP 6-Month Fellowship.
This fellowship offers a unique opportunity to receive comprehensive skills training, personalised mentorship for both professional and personal development, small microgrants for innovative story projects, and ongoing technical and editorial support.
What the AWJP 6-Month Fellowship for Women Journalists in Senegal Offers:
- Skills Training: Sharpen your journalistic skills through targeted training sessions, covering a range of topics from investigative reporting to digital storytelling.
- Mentorship: Benefit from one-on-one mentorship by seasoned professionals, guiding you in your journalistic journey and personal growth.
- Microgrants for Story Projects: Secure small microgrants to bring your impactful story ideas to life, fostering creative and meaningful journalism.
- Technical and Editorial Support: Receive hands-on technical assistance and editorial support to enhance the quality and impact of your journalistic work.
- Community Building: Join a vibrant community of like-minded women journalists, creating a supportive network for collaboration and shared success.
Before you proceed with your application for the AWJP 6-Month Fellowship for Women Journalists in Senegal, please take note of the following requirements.
- Open to women journalists based in Senegal.
- Demonstrated commitment to journalistic excellence and a passion for storytelling.
- Ability and willingness to collaborate with other fellows and stakeholders in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Willingness to explore new narrative techniques and technology in journalism.
- Adherence to high ethical standards in journalism, with a commitment to accuracy, fairness, and responsible reporting.
- A proven commitment to addressing and highlighting women’s issues, gender equality, and representation in journalism.
- Applications are welcome from staff reporters from local (community) as well as national media.
- Applicants must be working journalists with at least three years of full-time, professional journalism experience.
- Applicants must be able to speak, read and write French fluently to fully participate in and benefit from the Fellowship. Knowledge of English will be an advantage but it is not essential.
- All applicants must submit one story about an under-reported issue impacting women or other marginalised groups.
- Applicants will commit to publishing at least one story which they will produce within a month of completing the information and training sessions.
- Applicants must attend all webinars/information/training sessions scheduled during the program.
How to Apply AWJP 6-Month Fellowship for Women Journalists in Senegal 2024:
To apply for the AWJP 6-Month Fellowship for Women Journalists in Senegal, please submit your application by December 18, 2023, by completing this form. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of a transformative experience, equipping you with the skills and support needed to thrive in the ever-evolving field of journalism.
- At the end of the three information sessions, participants will be able to apply for the fellowship. Successful applicants are expected to actively engage in monthly discussions with their assigned mentor.
- Furthermore, successful applicants will be mandated to share their program experience and insights by submitting a blog post of at least 250 words. This blog will be published on both the partners’ and AWJP websites, contributing to the collective knowledge and showcasing the impact of the fellowship.
Elevate your journalism career with AWJP – Empowering Women Journalists, Transforming Narratives!