York Presidents International Scholarship of Excellence 2024/2025. The President’s International Scholarship of Excellence will be awarded to international high school applicants who are entering their first year of a four-year undergraduate degree program at York University and demonstrate academic excellence, commitment to volunteer work and extracurricular activities, and leadership skills.
Introduction: York Presidents International Scholarship of Excellence.
This scholarship will be renewable for an additional three years of full-time study or until degree completion (whichever comes first) provided the recipient completes a minimum of 24 credits each Fall/Winter session with a minimum sessional grade point average of 6.0.
If the recipient’s immigration status changes at any time while studying at York and they are exempted from paying international fees for any reason, the value of this award will be adjusted to reflect domestic tuition fee values.
Requirements for York University President’s International Scholarship
To be considered for the York University Presidents International Scholarship of Excellence, the candidate must:
- Must be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada
- Must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in the Fall of 2024
- Must have applied to York directly from high school no more than two years after graduation, and have no previous university or college studies
- Must have an excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent
- Must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement
- Must be nominated by their high school (schools may nominate one student only)
- The nominated student will be considered for the York University President’s International Scholarship of Excellence, the Global Leader of Tomorrow Award, the International Circle of Scholars Scholarships, and the York University Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Candidates must speak to their school guidance counsellor, principal, or administration about the York International Student Scholarship & Award Application, and receive confirmation that they are the individual from that school who has been nominated
- The candidate must then provide the name, position, e-mail, and phone number of the nominator in the application form
- Must upload one letter of recommendation
- Must ensure all required documents are shown as “Received” in the York application (MyFile), by February 1, 2024, at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time.
Selection Criteria for the York Presidents International Scholarship of Excellence:
- Highest academic average
- Leadership and demonstrated skills
- To renew – one must have a high academic standing (7.80 on a 9-point York scale) in each academic year at York
- By submitting this application, you will also be considered for the other available international scholarships requiring an application.
February 1, 2024
How to Apply for York Presidents International Scholarship of Excellence 2024.
Interested and qualified? Go to York University on futurestudents.yorku.ca to apply
For more details, visit the York University website